Your 9-Point Buying Advice Checklist
We recognize the need to fully research all products. So to help our customers make the choice that is right for them, we have compiled the following checklist as a useful guide to the buying process. Therefore, consider the following guidelines:
- When obtaining quotes, ensure that they are 'like-for-like' quotes (same type / age / features / options, etc).
- When buying reconditioned equipment, ensure that the company are approved suppliers - they may not be able to supply spare parts.
- Understand the warranty offered (e.g. does '24-hour call-out' mean call-out attendance 24 hours a day, or within 24 hours?).
- Always ask for information on servicing and call out charges after the warranty has expired, as these can be costly should you not take out an extended warranty.
- Check the price! New stairlifts start from as low as £1,500 - including installation.
- Reconditioned stairlifts can be installed from as little as £1,000.
- Stairlift pricing varies hugely, so shop around.
- Most suppliers will provide free quotations. However, beware of hard sales techniques, special "one-off offers” and Price-Match promises.
- For additional information and advice, see our free "Having a Stairlift in Your Home" guide.
Where to Go From Here
For more information, or to get additional free no-obligation advice about how to choose mobility equipment that meets your needs, or to ask any questions about our range of products and services, please call freephone 0800 085 4143.